The technical maintenance department supports and supervises the services of information technology for end users (Employees and students inside the university ) which include the technical support and supervision of computer assets and their accessories , computer laboratories and its preparation in a way that meets the requirements of faculties and students in the university.
• Supervision of specifying the software ,systems of operation used in the computer assets in the university.
• Offering technical support and consultative service to the employees of the university.
• Developing and updating the computer assets and its running software.
• Documentation of operating systems and software used in the university and any later change.
• Field intervention to solve the problem and this intervention happens in technical problems related to issues that do not include the maintenance of the hardware as the preparation of operating systems and programs pertaining to the usage of students and the study and practical lectures.
• Supervision of transferring the asset and its accessory to the maintenance workshop belonging to the maintenance section. This way is used with technical problems related to the hardware with adopting administrative forms including a form of maintenance report and recording the replaced pieces and submitting the report to the head of department accompanied with the worn out pieces which are replaced.
• Supervision of Providing the alternative at once till the problem in the asset is mended to ensure the continuation of work in the desired manner.
• Providing a lab superintendent for each computer lab to follow up periodically the assets and ensure work progress with high efficiency.
• Supervision of ensure the work of the program of protection for laboratory equipment and if any problem arises referring to the section of the information security.