University Sustainability and its strategy آخر تحديث 7/7/2019 11:20:54 AM
The University seeks to achieve a better educational and health facilities to ensure accessibility to urban environment by achieving the concepts of sustainability at all levels. Through the following:
- Provide an internal healthy environment: through the using building materials that do not emit harm to the human or university environment for achieving good ventilation. As well as using of plants and crops that help to get rid of carbon dioxide.
- Energy efficiency: in cooling, heating, lighting and others by using design solutions that achieve human comfort in a natural way with the least energy use, as well as the use of renewable energy sources to obtain the clean electricity needed to improve the university environment.
- Use environmentally friendly building materials that can be reused and produced from resources and raw materials from the natural environment such as clay, wood, etc., provided that their consumption does not harm the natural environment of the land, and take advantage of trees and different plants such as shading and improving the university environment
- Fit the urban structure in the university environment: in terms of geographical location and different climate conditions to reduce energy use to achieve the local thermal environment suitable for human comfort. The urban structure must be in harmony with the site and its surroundings, whether natural or human production.
- The efficiency of the architectural design of the university buildings: It fulfills the requirements of the users and their social and religious needs as well as spiritual values and principles that must be studied so that the urbanization is appropriate to the requirements of the inhabitants.
- Raising the awareness of university employees about the concepts of sustainability and the green environment: forming student forums for the sustainable university environment, working on rationalizing energy consumption, minimizing the use of polluting transportations, activating pedestrian movements and reducing traffic on the campus